Thursday, December 30, 2004

Logan Dake Update - Eureka Served With Discrimination Complaint

A couple of weeks ago GuvWurld broke the story of Logan Dake, a Eureka, CA resident wrongfully terminated from his park maintenance job with the City. At that time, the Labor Commission had already assigned Logan a case number. The case, still pending, will result in an investigation once it has been assigned to a specific Commission investigator. In the most recent development, the City of Eureka has also now been served with a discrimination complaint filed jointly by the CA Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

According to Logan, he has met once with Councilmember Chris Kerrigan. "I'm a little frustrated," said Logan. "I was glad that Chris had some time to meet with me, but I'm still waiting to hear about his chat with [City Manager David] Tyson. When we met, I made it clear to Chris that the City was choosing unnecessary, costly litigation. He told me--and I think these were his exact words--'I'm not sure how much weight I carry with the Council, but I'll help you in any way I can'."

Logan talked about next steps, mentioning his intention to call the other Councilmembers. He's also resolved to start actively seeking support in the community. Click here for the City Councilmember phone list. The message is simple: give Logan his job back and don't waste our money on lawsuits you can't win.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment Top of Page / GuvWurld Blog Home Page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?