Monday, September 13, 2004

Seven Minutes To Midnight

Tim O'Dell has given me permission to post Seven Minutes To Midnight (.rtf/.pdf) in the GuvWurld archive. This is only the second work of fiction in the entire archive, a definite indication of its stature. I first read SMTM in draft form last April. I cried. And I cried with each revision Tim showed me. And I cried again when I read it tonight. This short story will stay with you a long time. Please forward it widely.

Other important reads today:

Maureen Farrell at BuzzFlash discusses Sinclair Lewis's It Can't Happen Here in the context of current events. Tim O'Dell gave me this book two years ago and I'm sure I haven't been the same since.

BBC - Birth Control Pill Propelled Into Abortion Debate
Common Dreams - House Republicans and Democrats Unite in Linking Iraq with 9/11
Decatur (AL) Daily News - Worker Fired For Kerry Bumper Sticker
Black Box Voting Consumer Report - Riverside impedes court-ordered observation

For the latest additions to the GuvWurld archive, you can always click the Today's News link found in both the archive and the GuvWurld blog.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment Top of Page / GuvWurld Blog Home Page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?