Monday, September 06, 2004

Dennis Kyne Legal Defense Fund

I have written previously about my friend Dennis Kyne, a Gulf War I vet dealing proactively with the repercussions of depleted uranium (DU). He has written a self-published book called Support The Truth and is touring the country on zero budget in order to educate the masses that the US government has been routinely using nuclear weapons in the field, contaminating large tracts of foreign countries with radiation, and debilitating our own forces who then receive nothing but the back of the hand when and if they get home. Below, Dennis describes the patriot's welcome he received from NYC for the Republican convention.


Hello All

I was arrested in New York during the massive sweeps of the RNC. I am scheduled to reappear in court on October 25th to challenge 8 different counts and I promise all, I was the loudest person there, but I surely didn't need to be cited for acting violently, they buried me into the system and kept me locked up in the TOMBS, the Manhattan Detention Center. This system has no white people incarcerated, however the African Americans in the system loved what was happening on the streets and taught me how to use the phones and got my ass back out of jail as fast as the MAN tried to put me in. Inmates said they appreciated the work of the protesters, fed me anything around that didn't have meat and said that because of the work we had done, the Jail system was free of cockroaches and the dehumanization that we all know goes on in the prisons of America, I experienced no racism in this facility after being warned by police my number was up. So, I currently need to raise money for travel expenses back to New York and private counsel since I am represented by over worked Legal Aid Society attorneys.

Below is a list of the work I Have done in the past couple of months, I have taken a vow of non violence and am insulted that the police are insinuating that because I am a combat Veteran I MUST be violent, that is the stigma we veterans live with for our entire post combat lives, and it is not only unfair, as most of you know it is untrue. I fight for equality and justice, and most of all truth, and as a lot of you know, I operate as somewhat of a Lone Wolf because of the intensity under which I function. I watched as police were ordered to drop young women, detain 16 year old boys, and round up Chinese food delivery people with the only qualification for detention "being on a bike" while the critical mass folks rode by. It was Martial Law, it is not what I almost died in Combat for. I watched as people became unhealthy in a bus terminal used to detain people, and I stayed with an oppressed majority in the TOMBS and learned that we are all in this together. I hope you consider yourself in this with us. I am asking anyone who can help me with a donation of any amount so I can fly to New York and contest this inappropriate madness, as you can see my court date is one week before the election, and I am hoping New York remembers why we were there.

If you see it as within your means please use:

PO Box 720254
San Jose, CA
95172
Dennis Kyne

Please forward this to anyone or all
In Peace
and gratitude
Dennis

AP PHOTO IN NEW YORK OF DENNIS KYNE
http://it.news.yahoo.com/040829/38/2x3ra.html

DENNIS' ARTICLE ON DEPLETED URANIUM
http://www.ncmonthly.com/My2Cents.html#anchor800227

ASPEN DAILY NEWS WRITES ON DENNIS KYNE
http://www.mindfully.org/Nucs/2004/Gulf-War-Kyne6aug04.htm

BOZEMAN CHRONICLE WRITES ON DENNIS KYNE
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/articles/2004/08/12/news/uranium.txt

GLENWOOD SPRINGS WRITES ON DENNIS KYNE
http://www.postindependent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040815/VALLEYNEWS/108150002/0/FRONTPAGE&rs=2

IDAHO OBSERVER WRITES ON DENNIS KYNE
http://proliberty.com/observer/20040410.htm

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment Top of Page / GuvWurld Blog Home Page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?